Josh Brookes set the pace in the Bennetts Brutish Superbike Championship official test ahead of tomorrow’s opening free practice session at Cadwell Park, firing the Be Wiser Ducati under the lap record to top the times ahead of Danny Buchan by 0.716s.
Buchan had been running inside the top five for the majority of the test, holding off the improving Scott Redding, who moved up the order as the test progressed on the second of the Be Wiser Ducatis.
Christian Iddon was the leading Tyco BMW in fourth place, ahead of local hero Peter Hickman who completed the top five ahead of Tommy Bridewell and Andrew Irwin on the Honda Racing Fireblade.
Glenn Irwin was back inside the top ten on his second appearance on the Tyco BMW, holding off Xavi Forés and Luke Mossey who completed the top ten, but the OMG Racing Suzuki rider crashed in the final ten minutes sustaining an ankle injury. Josh Elliot also crashed at the end of the session at Park uninjured.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship Official Test, Cadwell Park:
- Josh Brookes (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:26.448s
- Danny Buchan (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) +0.716s
- Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) +1.054s
- Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) +1.090s
- Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) +1.107s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati) +1.160s
- Andrew Irwin (Honda Racing) +1.202s
- Glenn Irwin (Tyco BMW) +1.237s
- Xavi Forés (Honda Racing) +1.484s
- Luke Mossey (OMG Racing Suzuki) +1.525s